A non-award student is one who wishes to study one or more courses without proceeding to an award. Non-award enrolment may be undertaken as preliminary work for a higher degree, for professional requirements or because of an interest in the course area.
To apply as a non-award student you will need to do the following:
- Download and read the Non-Award and Cross Institutional 2013 Application Information Sheet.
- Download and complete the Non-Award and Cross Institutional 2013 Application/Enrolment Form.
- Review the Fees webpage regarding tuition fees for Non-Award study.
- Review the Important Information as listed below.
Important Information regarding Non-Award Study
Eligibility for Non-Award Study
To see if you are eligible for non-award enrolment you should refer to the Non-Award Enrolment Procedure, in particular Clause 3.
Non-award students are required to pay full fees upfront to the University for each course based on whether you are a postgraduate, undergraduate or international student. Please review the Fees webpage regarding tuition fees for non-award study
Course Availability and Selection
It is your responsibility to access information regarding course availability, timetabling and additional requirements for particular courses. This information can be viewed in the course handbooks accessed via the web.
Restrictions may apply where places in classes are limited. For further information regarding available places, please contact directadmissions to find out if the courses you are interested are available.
- The University cannot guarantee that credit for courses undertaken on a non-award basis will be granted towards a degree/diploma program in the future.
- Applicants must submit a certified copy of your current or past academic transcript or any past qualifications with your application.
- Applicants must submit evidence of identity and citizenship/residency. Your application cannot be processed if you do not provide evidence of your date of birth and citizenship. Please attach 100 points of identification (certified copies of these documents) to your application. You must supply either a copy of your passport, birth certificate or you citizenship certificate as part of your 100 points.
Closing Dates for 2013 applications
|Trimester 1||21 January 2013|
|Semester 1||18 February 2013|
|Trimester 2||13 May 2013|
|Semester 2||15 July 2013|
|Trimester 3||26 August 2013|
As competition is high for places in some classes, you should ensure that you apply well before the closing date.
If your application is successful, you will receive a Confirmation of Enrolment letter, and if you have provided a photo with your application, a student photo ID card. You will be given further instructions on how to activate your student account and finalising your enrolment via myHub.
If you require further information regarding non-award studies please contact the University by telephone on (02) 4921 5000 or by email at email@example.com
International Students Non-Award
International students who wish to undertake Non-Award study apply in the same way as Internationals applying for a program of study.