Terms and Conditions for Advertisers
Advertisers should read the terms and conditions below before submitting a listing to the Accommodation Database.
The University of Newcastle Accommodation database operates as an information exchange service only. The University of Newcastle does not match students or staff to accommodation offered within the Accommodation Database, nor does it guarantee that advertisers will find tenants as a result of using the Accommodation Database. Each advertiser listing their property with the Off-Campus Accommodation Service must make their own assessment of a student's character, financial means and/or suitability as a tenant. Any lease arrangement negotiated between a student and landlord is the responsibility of the parties involved.
It is the responsibility of the Advertiser to provide accurate and current information when submitting an advertisement on the Accommodation Database. It is expected that persons seeking accommodation will be dealt with in accordance to the relevant conditions under the Residential Tenancies Act and other relevant State legislation pertaining to accommodation standards, rental agreements and bond.
The Off-Campus Accommodation Service reserves the right at any time to:
- edit the information included in a listing if it is considered inappropriate, discriminatory or offensive
- refuse to list any property considered unsuitable for students
- refuse entry of a listing into the database in the event of serious prior complaint regarding the suitability of specific accommodation and/or practices undertaken by the Advertiser
- remove accommodation listings that are older than three months from the database, without warning to the Advertiser
- take any action deemed necessary in relation to a listing which is the subject of a complaint and/or which may contravene the law or these terms and conditions
Personal information that has been collected about you as part of this process will be dealt with in accordance with the University's Privacy Management Plan.