The School of Nursing and Midwifery is committed to promoting and improving a positive student experience and quality teaching and learning.
This page provides news and event information along with direct links to many of the online websites and resources used during your studies, including links to Blackboard, myHub, support services and program information. Please use the links provided in the right column.
Better prepared, better placement
This orientation resource is for undergraduate nursing students in the Bachelor of Nursing at the University of Newcastle and those who supervise them. The site provides:
- general information about clinical placement in mental health settings for students and their supervisors
- specific information about placement in some areas in the Hunter New England Local Health District and the Western NSW Local Health District
- information about the mental health components of the Bachelor of Nursing Program at the University of Newcastle
- opportunity for users to provide feedback about the site
- a mechanism for students or clinical supervisors to ask questions.
Visit the site (site will open in a new window)