MEDICAL PHYSICS GROUP
GRANTS AND PUBLICATIONS
- PB Greer, BMC McCurdy, C. Baldock, Z Kuncic, JW Denham, Real-time dose monitoring for patient safety in radiotherapy, Cancer Council NSW, ($360,000), 2010-2012
- B.M.C. McCurdy, S. Pistorius, J. Butler, and PB Greer, Adaptive Radiotherapy Incorporating Patient Dosimetry Feedback, CancerCare Manitoba Foundation, ($120,000 CDN), 2009-2010
- PB Greer, S. Outram, C Wratten, Radiation therapy treatment planning research infrastructure, Calvary Mater Hospital Coalfields and Wig Week Research Grant, ($23,000), 2009
- PB Greer, JW Denham, C Baldock and Z Kuncic, Investigation of a new imaging device for radiation therapy dose delivery verification, NHMRC, ($393,441), 2009-2011
- A Fielding, P Metcalfe, PB Greer, P Evans, B Burmeister and JV Trapp, Improving patient outcomes of radiotherapy treatments, NHMRC, ($356,375), 2009-2011
- PB Greer, B McCurdy and C Wratten, On-line verification of patient dose delivery in radiotherapy, Calvary Mater Hospital Wig Week Research Grant, ($25,000), 2008
- PB Greer and C Wratten, Medical modelling computing grid, Calvary Mater Hospital Coalfields Research Grant, ($15,432), 2008
- J Hatton, PB Greer and JW Denham, An investigation of pre-treatment cone-beam CT and adaptive planning for improved prostate cancer radiotherapy, Cancer Institute NSW Clinical Research Grant ($68,531), 2008
- PB Greer, JW Denham, S Ourselin, M Ebert, P Ostwald, P Lau, High precision MRI based prostate radiotherapy, Cancer Council NSW, ($301,750), 2007-2009
- PB Greer, MA Ebert, P. Cadman, C. Baldock, JW Denham, Improving the verification of intensity modulated radiation therapy with flat-panel imagers, Cancer Council NSW, ($139,500), 2007-2008
- MA Ebert, C Wratten, K Harrison, D Cornes, H Warren-Forward, PB Greer, NSW centre for research into quality of radiation therapy delivery, Cancer Institute NSW, ($102,000), 2005
- PB Greer, MA Ebert, P Ostwald, S Ourselin, High-precision MRI-based prostate radiotherapy, Newcastle Mater Hospital, Radiation Oncology Research Grant, ($64,000), 2005
- PB Greer, MA Ebert MA, P Cadman, Real-time dosimetry for intensity-modulated radiotherapy, Newcastle Mater Hospital, Margaret Mitchell Grant, ($9,000), 2005
- Rowshan-Farzad P, Sabet M, Lee C, O'Connor DJ, McCurdy BMC, Greer PB, Measurement and modelling of the effect of support arm backscatter on dosimetry with a Varian EPID, Medical Physics (in press)
- Sabet M, Menk F, Greer PB, Evaluation of an a-Si EPID in direct detection configuration as a water-equivalent dosimeter for transit dosimetry, Medical Physics, 37(4): 1459-1467, 2010
- McCurdy BMC, Duggan L, Howlett S, Clark BG, A comparison of medical physics training and education programs - Canada and Australia, Australas. Phys. Eng. Sci. Med. 32(4): 251-260, 2009
- Gustafsson H, Vial P, Kuncic Z, Baldock C, Greer PB, EPID dosimetry: Effect of different layers of materials on absorbed dose response, Medical Physics, 36(12):5665-5674, 2009
- Clews L and Greer PB, An EPID-based method for efficient and precise asymmetric jaw alignment quality assurance., Medical Physics, 36 (12): 5488-5496, 2009
- Vial P, Gustafsson H, Oliver L, Baldock C, Greer PB, Direct detection EPID dosimetry: Determining a potential clinical configuration for IMRT verification, Phys. Med. Biol. 54 7151-7169, 2009
- Denham JW, Steigler A, Kumar M, Lamb DS, Joseph D, Spry NA, Tai K-H, Atkinson C, Turner S, Greer PB, Gleeson PS, D'Este C, Measuring time to biochemical failure in the TROG 96.01 Trial: When should the clock start ticking? Int. J. Radiat. Oncol. Biol. Phys. 75(4):1008-1012, 2009
- Gardner J, Clews L, Gordon JJ, Wang S, Greer PB, Siebers JV, Comparison of sources of exit fluence variation for IMRT, Phys. Med. Biol. 54(19):N451-N458, 2009
- Wang S, Gordon J, Gardner J, Li W, Clews L, Greer PB, Siebers JV, Monte Carlo-based Adaptive EPID Dose Kernel Accounting for Differed Field Size Responses of Imagers, Medical Physics 36(8), 3582-3595, 2009.
- Hatton J, McCurdy BMC, Greer PB, Cone beam computerized tomography: effect of calibration of Hounsfield unit number to electron density on dose calculation accuracy for adaptive radiation therapy, Phys. Med. Biol. 54, N329-N346, 2009.
- Ebert MA, Kenny J and Greer PB, Experience converting an RT department to full CT-simulation: technical issues identified during commissioning of a wide-bore scanner, J. Med. Imag. Radiat. Oncol. 53(3), 325-330, 2009
- Dowling J, Bourgeat P, Raffelt D, Fripp J, Greer PB, Patterson J, Denham J, Gupta S, Tang C, Stanwell P, Ourselin S, Salvado O, Non-rigid correction of interleaving artefacts in pelvic MRI, Progress in Biomedical Optics and Imaging - Proceedings of SPIE 7259, art. no. 72592P, 2009.
- McCurdy BMC and Greer PB, Dosimetric properties of an amorphous-silicon EPID used in continuous acquisition mode for application to dynamic and arc IMRT, Medical Physics, 36(7): 3028-3039, 2009.
- Lee C, Menk F, Cadman P, Greer PB A simple approach to using an amorphous silicon EPID to verify IMRT planar dose maps, Medical Physics, 36(3): 984-992, 2009
- Greer PB, Cadman P, Lee C, Bzdusek K, A fluence convolution model to predict amorphous silicon EPID dose images, Medical Physics, 36(2): 547-555, 2009
- Haworth A, Kearvell R, Greer PB et al., Assuring High Quality Treatment Delivery in Clinical Trials -Results from the Trans Tasman Radiation Oncology Group (TROG) study 03.04 "RADAR" set-up accuracy study. Radiother. Oncol., 90(3): 299-306, 2009
- Denham JW, Kumar M, Gleeson P, Lamb D, Joseph D, Atkinson C, Matthews J, Tai, K-H, Spry N, Franklin I, Christie S, Woodhead D, Greer PB, D'Este C, Steigler A, Recognising false biochemical failure calls after radiation with or without neo-adjuvant androgen deprivation for prostate cancer, Int. J. Radiat. Oncol. Biol. Phys., 74(2), 404-411, 2009
- Denham JW, Lamb D, Joseph D, Matthews, J Atkinson C, Spry N, Duchesne G, Ebert MA, Steigler A, D'Este C, PSA response signatures-a powerful new prognostic indicator after radiation for prostate cancer?, Radiother. Oncol., 90(3): 382-388, 2009