About the School
The School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences is a dynamic School offering exciting opportunities at the forefront of modern undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and learning in Mathematics, Physics and Statistics. The research carried out by staff within the School is internationally acclaimed and has immediate relevance to current technology. Our goal is bring the excitement of our disciplines to the broader community and staff are heavily involved in a range of outreach programs.
The school offers:
- Majors in Aplied Mathematics, Pure Mathematics, Statistics and Studies in Mathematics and Statistics in the Bachelor of Mathematics
- Majors for Physics and Photonics in the Bachelor of Science
- Co-majors for Mathematics and Statistics in the Bachelor of Science.
- Core and elective courses in many other University programs
These programs may easily be combined with other degree programs.
Specialist activities within the school include:
- Applied Mathematics:
- Numerical Analysis
- Partial Differential Equations
- Nonlinear Systems
- Special Functions
- Medical Physics
- Operations Research, Nonlinear Optimisation and Control Theory
- Organic Electronics
- Pure Mathematics:
- Operator Theory
- Number Theory
- Classical, Harmonic and Functional Analysis
- Space Physics
- Surface Science
New technology will allow students to share excellent learning opportunities with other leading Australian institutions.