Please note there is NO accommodation within walking distance of the conference venue, and no public transport between the venue other parts of the Central Coast. For this reason, we are asking all participants who do not have their own car to stay in Terrigal, a popular beach resort town near the campus. The conference will have a shuttle bus to transport participants between Terrigal and the conference venue. Note that some places listed as accommodation in Terrigal are not within walking distance of the town, so if you will not have a vehicle ensure that you book somewhere that is in the town. Several accommodation possibilities are listed below. All are within a few minutes walk from the beach and from shops and restaurants. Rates cited are per room per night, in Australian dollars.
The Clan Lakeside Lodge:
· We have a special rate here if you mention the conference when you book. Most rooms have views across lake/inlet to beach. Average sized rooms. Full hot and cold buffet breakfast is included. $119 single, $140 twin share, $144 family room (with kitchenette and extra bedroom) for two adults plus $25 per child over 12 and $9 per child under 12.
Ph +61 (0)2 4384 1566 or 1800 811 566 Fax +61 (0)2 4385 2511
Terrigal Sails Serviced Apartments:
· No views but good sized rooms. Breakfast included but is only packets of cereal and milk in your room. Standard studio apartment $115 single, $135 couple, $150 twin share, $165 for 3-4 people; standard spa apartment $140 single, $160 couple, $175 twin share; one bedroom apartment $140 single, $160 couple, $175 twin share, $190 for 3-4 people. Deluxe apartments (same but with small balcony) also available at $10-$20 more.
Ph +61 (0)2 4384 7444 Fax +61 (0)2 4384 7222
· Tiarri Terrigal Beach - Boutique motel, looks nice.
· Beach Hut Terrigal - Romantic hideaway with Balinese (Austronesian!) theme.
· Crowne Plaza Terrigal - Top end hotel, great views, rates to match ($200 and up).
· Country Comfort Hotel - Chain motel. Online reviews not great.
There is not much other accommodation in Terrigal, so if you source something else I recommend checking it is walking distance to town.
General information about the NSW Central Coast can be viewed at www.cctourism.com.au