This section highlights our research strengths, current grants and publications, and active Research Centres and Research Groups. This page provides a snapshot of School research performance, while specific details can be found by using the left-side bar navigation links. Discipline pages and individual staff pages provide further information on staff research expertise and current research higher degree students.
For a consolidated list of Research Centres and Groups, research expertise and staff research interests - please download the School Research Directory (PDF, 236KB). If you are interested in pursuing a research higher degree (RHD), further information can also be found on the RHD page.
- 12 staff are CIs (Chief Investigators) on one or more active external grants listed on the Australian Competitive Grants Register (ACGR)
- In 2009, one staff member was awarded a prestigious ARC Future Fellowship ($686 400) and another was a CI on a NHMRC $2.5 million grant to establish a
Centre for Clinical Research Excellence in Aphasia Rehabilitation
- In 2009, School staff produced 23 books in a total of 268 audited publications (up from 227 in 2008, 168 in 2007 and 152 in 2006), consisting of:
- 23 books (11 x A1, 4 x A2, 6 x A3, 2 x J1)
- 41 x B1 & 14 x B2 book chapters
- 70 x C1 journal articles
- 9 x E1 conference papers.
- Since 2007, two staff have received the VC's Award for Research Excellence , three have received the VC's Award for Supervision Excellence, with a further two awarded the VC's Award for Supervisor of the Year.
- 34 RHD completions since 2007 and current RHD candidates number 165.