Research TopicsResearch topics cover composite materials, manufacturing and properties of syntactic foams, fatigue fracture mechanisms, toughening mechanism of particulate composites, impact performance of protective materials, and educational assessment and rubric design.
Major research achievements include:
- New manufacturing methods and theories for syntactic foams of low densities.
- New toughening methods, new materials, and new theories.
- New theories for criterion weighting and quantitative nature of assessment elements in thesis assessment.
- Predictive models for fatigue crack growth rates of polymers associated with loading frequency, temperature and stress intensity factor.
- A predictive model for fatigue lifetime (S-N curve) of fibre reinforced composites affected by damage development.
Research StaffFor further information please contact:
Dr Ho-Sung Kim
Discipline of Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering
University of Newcastle
Callaghan NSW 2308
Links: Researcher Report
Location: ES Building Room 433
Telephone: +61 2 4921 6211
Facsimile: +61 2 4921 6946