Information Technology specialists are in every industry, from IT companies to manufacturing, health care, media companies, transport and tourism. All areas need software applications.
Our graduates are working for companies large and small around the Hunter Valley, in Sydney and other major centres around Australia. The BIT also opens international career opportunities, and increasing numbers of graduates are commencing their own IT businesses, many before they graduate.
Some examples of where graduates of Information Technology have been employed include:
- Business analysts and system architects for major international IT companies;
- Software developers for companies and government organisations in mining, healthcare, retailing, and a range of manufacturing;
- Database administrators for transport companies and major government organisations;
- Animators and effects coordinators in digital media companies;
- Website developers for a broad range of organisations;
- Computer games development;
- Graphics and animation development for movies and TV;
- Development and enhancement of defence and security systems;
- Knowledge management specialists, project managers, system analysts and programmers on major software applications for commercial software vendors;
- Help desk and network support staff for local corporations.