Resources Specific to University of Newcastle Staff
Other helpful resources, videos, and links
- Teaching Your First Class
- Active Learning
- Key Themes
- Teaching Tips (University of Hawaii)
- Principles to promote excellence in teaching and learning practices (Griffith University) (PDF)
- Tomorrow's Professor Mailing List (Stanford Centre of Teaching and Learning)
- Video: Using Topical Examples to draw students' interest (Chris Eichbaum). Victoria University's primary intention with these videos is to show successful student learning in action, with selected snippets from classroom interactions. These are real and unrehearsed examples of engaged classes, to show how teachers might do things differently, how teachers teach. The idea is that you can watch these brief, but revealing, exchanges, alongside or instead of reading the verbal descriptions - you can pick up so much by noting the attitude/tone of voice/movement.
- How to Start Your First Class: A Guide for Sessional Staff?
- How to Start the First Tutorial
- Stimulating Student Interest in the First Lecture
- The First Class
- The First Tutorial
- Enhancing Education