The Newcastle Business School postgraduate Peer Mentor Program has been running since 2008.
This successful program provides new postgraduate students with the opportunity to be matched to a specifically selected mentor, who will welcome the student and answer questions about the transition to postgraduate study and life in Newcastle. Peer Mentors offer academic strategies and guidance and provide advice to students on School and University support services. This program aims to provide new students with the unique opportunity of meeting other experienced students, forging friendships, and gaining a smoother transition to life in Newcastle.
Peer Mentors can assist you with the following:
- Who should I see about my program?
- Does the NBS have student social activities?
- How can I improve my English grammar and language skills?
- Can I get resume and career guidance?
- I am homesick and not coping with my studies - What can I do?
- Who can I talk to about scholarships or financial problems?