Vice-Chancellor's Award for Academic Excellence in Year 12
This award was established in 1999 to support academically excellent Year 12 students who intend to enrol at the University of Newcastle in the year following their Higher School Certificate (HSC) studies.
The award does not require an application as it is based on the nomination submitted by your High School during your HSC year.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Have been nominated by a High School qualifying for the Regional and Rural Preference Scheme during your HSC year.
- Be enrolling in an undergraduate program with UON.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- None Required.
The scholarship provides a benefit of a total of $2000 to be paid in a lump sum payment to the nominated recipients after the Semester 1 census date, around mid to late April.
Should a recipient choose to defer their offer of admission, the scholarship may also be deferred for up to one year.
Applications are not submitted for this award. Selection of the recipients is on the basis of academic merit, as advised by participating secondary schools and colleges.
Schools and colleges participating are within the postcodes included in the UON catchment area:
- Central Coast 2250-2263
- Mid-North Coast 2431-2459
- Hunter Region 2264-2338 and 2413-2430
- New England 2339-2412
- Central West 2787-2820 and 2845-2877
- Western Plains 2821-2844 and 2878
- Northern Rivers 2460-2483
- Broken Hill 2879-2880
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Education and Arts
- Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
- Faculty of Health and Medicine
- Faculty of Science
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759