Vice Chancellor's Scholarship for Academic Excellence in Year 12
These scholarships were established in 1999 as part of the University of Newcastle Awards for Academic Excellence. The purpose of the scholarship is to support academically excellent Year 12 students who intend to enrol at the University of Newcastle in the year following their Higher School Certificate (HSC) studies.
These scholarships do not require an application as they are based on the nomination submitted by your High School during your HSC year.
Applicable to: High achiever, ATAR, first year, 1st year, regional, rural, remote, admission, HSC.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Have been nominated by a High School qualifying for the Regional and Rural Preference Scheme during your HSC year.
- Be enrolling in an undergraduate program with UON.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- None Required.
The scholarship provides a benefit of a total of $2000 to be paid in a lump sum payment to the nominated recipients after the Semester 1 census date, around mid to late April.
Should a recipient choose to defer their offer of admission, the scholarship may also be deferred for up to one year.
Applications are not submitted for this scholarship. Selection of the scholars is on the basis of academic merit, as advised by secondary schools and colleges participating in the University of Newcastle Awards for Academic Excellence program. These are schools and colleges that qualify for the University of Newcastle's Regional and Rural Preference Scheme.
School Postcodes included in the Regional and Rural Preference Scheme:
- Central Coast 2250-2263
- Mid-North Coast 2431-2459
- Hunter Region 2264-2338 and 2413-2430
- New England 2339-2412
- Central West 2787-2820 and 2845-2877
- Western Plains 2821-2844 and 2878
- Northern Rivers 2460-2483
- Broken Hill 2879-2880
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Education and Arts
- Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
- Faculty of Health and Medicine
- Faculty of Science
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759