Central Coast Campus Equity Scholarships
05 March 2017
The aim of the scholarship is to assist financially disadvantaged students to study across the full range of programs offered at the Central Coast campus of the University of Newcastle. Fifteen (15) scholarships will be awarded.
Applicable to: financially disadvantaged, Ourimbah, Central Coast, first year, 1st year, equity, Low Income Health Care Card.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in any program at the University of Newcastle, Central Coast Campus as a commencing student in their first undergraduate degree.
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Hold a current Low Income Health Care Card (HCC) or receive a centrelink income payment.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- A copy of your current Centrelink Low Income Health Care Card or your parent/guardian's current Centrelink Low Income Health Care Card where you are listed as a dependant.
Fifteen (15) scholarships will be offered annually. The scholarship provides a benefit of $2000 for one year to be paid in two instalments after the census date each semester.
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of demonstrated financial hardship as evidenced by receipt of a current Health Care Card along with academic merit, namely Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent.
Students offered this scholarship will not be eligible to receive an offer of the Central Coast Academic Scholarship.
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Education and Arts
- Faculty of Health and Medicine
- Faculty of Science
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759