University of Newcastle - Hunter Institute Pathways Scholarship
This scholarship was established by the University of Newcastle for graduates of Certificate IV, Diploma or Advanced Diploma courses of the Hunter Institute of TAFE NSW commencing full-time study at the University in the following year, having gained a Commonwealth supported place through UAC or the identified pathways program. The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit UAC academic rank alone with a benefit of $5000 as support in a students commencing year of enrolment in an undergraduate program at the University of Newcastle.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a graduate of Certificate IV, Diploma or Advanced Diploma courses of the Hunter Institute of TAFE NSW in 2012
- Be enrolling in the first year of your first undergraduate degree in 2013
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Be an Australian Citizen or Be a Permanent Resident or Be the holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- Not hold another scholarship selected on academic merit
If this documentation is not provided your application will not be processed.
After you have submitted your application, please print off the cover sheet provided and attach a copy of each piece of required documentation to it before sending in.
- Verified copies of academic transcripts for studies undertaken at TAFE in 2012 indicating course graduation. (copies signed by a Justice of the Peace)
One scholarship will be offered providing a total of $5000 for one year payable in two payments of $2500 to be paid each semester after the census date. If the top two applicants are equally ranked the scholarship benefit will be divided equally between the two.
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of academic merit, namely Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR).
The closing date to apply for this scholarship was: Thursday, 28 February 2013
University of Newcastle
Phone: (02) 49216404 or (02) 49216539
Fax: (02) 49216937