University of Newcastle Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme
The University Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme was established by the Vice-Chancellor in November 1997. The objective of the Scheme is to provide financial support for academically outstanding undergraduate students who completed their Higher School Certificate in the year prior to entering university in a school located within the University of Newcastle's Regional and Rural Preference Scheme.
Applicable to: First year, 1st year, high achiever, ATAR, regional, rural, remote.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Have completed your Higher School Certificate (HSC) in a school located within the University's Regional and Rural Preference Scheme.
- Completed the Higher School Certificate in the year prior to entering University
- Be enrolled in a Bachelor degree program
- Be enrolled full-time (minimum 30 units).
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Have achieved an ATAR (Australian Tertiary Admission Rank) of 95 or greater, NOT including Bonus Points.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- None Required.
Each scholarship under the scheme will provide a once-only sum of $4000 for the first year of a program. A maximum of 40 scholarships will be awarded annually under the scheme.
No Application is required for these scholarships
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of an internal assessment, taking into account eligibility criteria. Commencing undergraduate students who completed the Higher School Certificate in the year prior to entering University, in a school within the area of the University's Regional and Rural Preference Scheme, who also received an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) of 95 or greater may receive an offer of this scholarship following Main Round admissions.
NB:There are a maximum of 40 scholarships available. Offers will be based on Main Round admissions, with later rounds being taken into account if required.
Consideration will be given to the spread of offers across programs, with no more than 5 offers per program. Where there are more than five students in a program with an ATAR of 95 or greater, the top five students will be awarded scholarships.
School Postcodes Included in the Regional and Rural Preference Scheme Area include
- Central Coast 2250-2263
- Mid-North Coast 2431-2459
- Hunter Region 2264-2338 and 2413-2430
- New England 2339-2412
- Central West 2787-2820 and 2845-2877
- Western Plains 2821-2844 and 2878
- Northern Rivers 2460-2483
- Broken Hill 2879-2880
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Education and Arts
- Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
- Faculty of Health and Medicine
- Faculty of Science
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759