International Foundation Program Undergraduate Scholarship
This scholarship was established in 1996 by the Enabling Programs Unit of the University of Newcastle to encourage and support overseas students who, excelling in their studies in the International Foundation Program program, enrol in an undergraduate degree program at the University of Newcastle.
A scholarship may be offered in Semester 2, to a student completing International Foundation Program mid-year, subject to the academic standard of the students completing the program mid-year.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in the first year of an Undergraduate program at the University of Newcastle
- Completed the International Foundation Program in the previous year
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Have achieved a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of at least 85% as a result of the completion of their International Foundation Program studies
- Be a citizen of a country other than Australia
- Not have previously received this scholarship
Five (5) scholarships will be offered each year, valued at $2000 each.
If there are more than five (5) students of equal merit, the number of scholarships will be increased and the total benefit divided equally between those students.
Applications are not submitted for this scholarship. Scholarships are automatically awarded following Semester 1 Main Round Admissions.
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of academic merit.
The scholarship shall be awarded to the highest performing student entering each of the five faculties of the University of Newcastle, provided that the student scores an average mark of at least 85% as a result of the completion of their International Foundation Program.
The five faculties of the University of Newcastle include:
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Education and Arts
- Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
- Faculty of Health
- Faculty of Science and Information Technology
The schools within each of these faculties are listed here: http://www.newcastle.edu.au/faculty/
University of Newcastle
Phone: (02) 49216404 or (02) 49216539
Fax: (02) 49216937