Faculty of Science and Information Technology Research Training Scholarships
This scholarship is established by the Pro-Vice Chancellor of the Faculty of Science and Information Technology with the aim to encourage and support students to enrol in an Honours program and to commence a research higher degree.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be commencing in Semester 1 2013 on a full-time basis in an Honours program or Honours embedded program offered by the Faculty of Science and Information Technology; or in an Honours program undertaking studies in a discipline area offered by the Faculty
- Be expected to complete an Honours program in Semester 2 2013 with Honours Class One
- Be an Australian Citizen or Be a New Zealand Citizen or Be a Permanent Resident
- Be intending to commence a research higher degree in 2014 on a full-time basis offered by the Faculty of Science and Information Technology
- Not have previously received this scholarship
If this documentation is not provided your application will not be processed.
After you have submitted your application, please print off the cover sheet provided and attach a copy of each piece of required documentation to it before sending in.
- A written statement from an academic or potential Honours Supervisor on progress in your undergraduate program
- A brief Statement (max 100 words) outlining future goals/ career aspirations and the likelihood of progress to a Research Higher Degree program in 2014 offered by the Faculty of Science and IT.
Up to six (6) scholarships will be offered subject to available funding.
Scholarships will be offered to students commencing in Honours programs or programs with embedded Honours in Semester 1, 2013. The scholarships provide a benefit of $2,000 each payable in two payments of $1,000 to be paid each semester after the census date.
The scholarship provides an automatic 2014 Provisional University of Newcastle Postgraduate Research Scholarship (PUNRSC) for students continuing to a Research Higher Degree program in 2014 offered by the Faculty of Science and IT who receive Honours Class One in Semester 2 2013 and an offer for admission.
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of academic merit, namely Grade Point Average (GPA), together with a written statement from the applicant outlining their future goals/career aspirations and the likelihood of progress to a research higher degree in 2014; and the supporting statement from an academic or potential Honours Supervisor on progress in their undergraduate program.
More information can be found </b><a href= "/faculty/science-it/research/students/scholarships.html"target="new"><b>here</b></a>
The closing date to apply for this scholarship was: Friday, 12 October 2012
University of Newcastle
Phone: (02) 49216404 or (02) 49216539
Fax: (02) 49216937