Faculty of Science and Information Technology Undergraduate Scholarships for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Students
The Faculty of Science and Information Technology established these scholarships to encourage and support the development of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students entering undergraduate programs within the Faculty.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a commencing student
- Identify as an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and be recognised as such by your community
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Be enrolled in a single degree program offered by the Faculty of Science and Information Technology
- Not hold another scholarship (unless a Commonwealth Scholarship (CS), for example, an Indigenous Access Scholarship)
- Not have previously received this scholarship
- Not have previously completed a degree
If this documentation is not provided your application will not be processed.
After you have submitted your application, please print off the cover sheet provided and attach a copy of each piece of required documentation to it before sending in.
- A brief written statement (no more than 1 A4 page) that outlines (i) your reasons for your choice of study, (ii) your career aspirations and (iii) your proposed courses for study for the first year
|Scholarship Amount: $2,500||Number of scholarships available: 4|
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of:
* academic merit, namely Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR), before the addition of any regional or EAS bonus
* a brief written statement (no more than 1 A4 page) by the applicant that outlines (i) their reasons for their choice of study, (ii) their career aspirations and (iii) their proposed courses for study for the first year.
University of Newcastle
Phone: (02) 49216404 or (02) 49216539
Fax: (02) 49216937