Faculty of Health and Medicine High Achiever Undergraduate Scholarships - School of Health Sciences
The Faculty of Health and Medicine High Achiever Undergraduate Scholarships were established in 2013 to encourage high achieving students to enrol full-time in a degree program offered by the Faculty of Health and Medicine, University of Newcastle.
The Faculty of Health and Medicine High Achiever Undergraduate Scholarship - School of Health Sciences will be offered to the highest ranked commencing student in the School of Health Sciences in one of the following programs:
- Bachelors of Medical Radiation Science (Diagnostic Radiography, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy)
- Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics (Hons)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy(Hons)
- Bachelor of Oral Health
- Bachelor of Oral Health Therapy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Hons)
- Bachelor of Podiatry
Applicable to: Health, Medicine, High Achievers, ATAR, Health Sciences, Medical Radiation Science, Nutrition, Dietetics, Occupational Therapy, Oral Health, Oral Health Therapy, Honours, Physiotherapy, Podiatry, first year, 1st year.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a commencing student in a Bachelor undergraduate degree in the Faculty of Health and Medicine, School of Health Sciences, at either the Callaghan or Central Coast Campus.
- Have completed yourYear 12 Higher School Certificate OR a University of Newcastle Enabling Program in the year prior to enrolling in the undergraduate degree.
- Be enrolled full time as at the census date for each semester unless there are exceptional circumstances demonstrated which compel you to study part time.
- Be the highest ranked commencing student in the School of Health Sciences, Faculty of Health and Medicine
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- None Required.
This Scholarship package includes:
- A benefit of $1000 per semester for the duration of a Bachelor degree within the School of Health Sciences (3-4 years);
- A guaranteed summer scholarship during the undergraduate degree;
- An opportunity of overseas placement during the degree; and/or
- An opportunity of a final year immersion placement at a rural site.
Applications are not submitted for this scholarship - this will be awarded based on internal assessment following Semester 1 census date.
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of academic merit, demonstrated by being the highest ranked commencing student for a specific degree within the School of Health Sciences, Faculty of Health.
In the event that students are equally ranked, interviews will be held to determine a final decision.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759