Faculty of Health and Medicine High Achiever Undergraduate Scholarships - School of Medicine and Public Health
The Faculty of Health and Medicine High Achiever Undergraduate Scholarships were established in 2013 to encourage high achieving students admitted to the Callaghan, Central Coast and Port Macquarie campuses of the University of Newcastle to enroll full-time in Faculty of Health and Medicine undergraduate programs at the University.
The Faculty of Health and Medicine High Achiever Undergraduate Scholarship - School of Medicine and Public Health will be offered to the highest ranked student in the Bachelor of Medical Science degree or the Bachelor of Medicine degree (pre 2017), based on Selection rank (MSA, PQA and UMAT).
Applicable to: Health, Medicine, Public Health, high achievers, ATAR, first year, 1st year.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a commencing student in a Bachelor undergraduate degree in the Faculty of Health and Medicine, School of Medicine and Public Health, at the Callaghan campus
- Have completed yourYear 12 Higher School Certificate OR a University of Newcastle Enabling Program in the year prior to enrolling in the undergraduate degree.
- Be enrolled full time as at the census date for each semester unless there are exceptional circumstances demonstrated which compel you to study part time.
- Be the highest ranked commencing student in the School of Medicine and Public Health, Faculty of Health and Medicine.
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- None Required.
This Scholarship package includes:
- A benefit of $1000 per semester for the duration of the Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine or Bachelor of Medicine degree (pre 2017) within the School of Medicine and Public Health (5 years);
- An iPad or an upgrade to the recipient's existing iPad at a time of the recipient's choosing during the degree;
- A guaranteed opportunity to undertake a European exchange in the fourth year of the degree.
The Scholarship provides for a total benefit of up to $10,000 depending on the duration of relevant degree. $1,000 will be awarded at the commencement of each semester of the degree, payable in a lump sum after the census date of each semester. The continuing award of the scholarship will be subject to satisfactory academic progress, reviewed each semester.
Applications are not submitted for this scholarship - this will be awarded based on internal assessment following Semester 1 census date.
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of academic merit and selection interview performance, demonstrated by being the highest ranked commencing student for the Bachelor of Medical Science or the Bachelor of Medicine (pre 2017), Faculty of Health and Medicine.
In the event that students are equally ranked, interviews will be held to determine a final decision.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759