Faculty of Health and Medicine High Achiever Undergraduate Scholarships - School of Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacy
The Faculty of Health and Medicine High Achiever Undergraduate Scholarships were established in 2013 to encourage high achieving students to enrol full-time in degree programs offered by the Faculty of Health and Medicine at the University of Newcastle.
The Faculty of Health and Medicine High Achiever Undergraduate Scholarship - School of Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacy will be offered to the highest ranked student in the School of Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacy.
Applicable to: Health, Medicine,1st year, High Achievers, ATAR, Biomedical Sciences, Pharmacy, first year.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a commencing student in a Bachelor undergraduate degree in the Faculty of Health and Medicine, School of Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacy, at the Callaghan campus.
- Have completed yourYear 12 Higher School Certificate OR a University of Newcastle Enabling Program in the year prior to enrolling in the undergraduate degree.
- Be enrolled full time as at the census date for each semester unless there are exceptional circumstances demonstrated which compel you to study part time.
- Be the highest ranked commencing student in the School of Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacy, Faculty of Health and Medicine.
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- None Required.
This Scholarship package includes:
- A benefit of $1000 per semester for the duration of a Bachelor degree within the School of Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacy
- An additional $1000 to attend a relevant national conference if the recipient proceeds to a Bachelor of Biomedical Science Honours year or undertakes the Bachelor of Pharmacy graded Honours pathway
- An additional $2000 to attend a relevant international conference if the recipient proceeds to a Research Higher Degree in the School of Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacy.
The Scholarship provides for a total benefit of up to $10,000 depending on the duration of relevant degree. $1,000 will be awarded at the commencement of each semester of the degree. The continuing award of the scholarship will be subject to satisfactory academic progress.
Applications are not submitted for this scholarship - this will be awarded based on internal assessment following Semester 1 census date.
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of academic merit, demonstrated by being the highest ranked commencing student for a specific degree within the School of Biomedical Science and Pharmacy, Faculty of Health.
In the event that students are equally ranked, interviews will be held to determine a final decision.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759