Shaping Futures Science Scholarship
10 March 2017
DonorShaping Futures Scholarship Fund
The Shaping Futures Science Scholarship has been established with the aim of helping those students who are most in need and who are studying the Bachelor of Science program with University of Newcastle.
To be eligible for a Shaping Futures Science Scholarship, a student needs to be academically capable but also facing educational disadvantage such as financial hardship, relocation from a regional or remote area, a long term or recurrent medical condition or illness, carer or sole parenting responsibilities, or a combination of these factors. It is hoped that the Shaping Futures Science scholarship will provide much needed support for a student to continue to overcome disadvantage and maintain their achievements in this study area.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in any year the Bachelor of Science, including Honours and combined programs, with the University of Newcastle.
- Be enrolled full-time (minimum 30 units).
- Demonstrate high academic achievement; either by an ATAR of 75 or higher for commencing students, or GPA of 5.0 for continuing students.
- Demonstrate that you are affected by educational disadvantage, such as carer or sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long term medical condition, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor-funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- A written statement (max 2 A4 pages) outlining your experience of educational disadvantage and how this scholarship would assist you and your career aspirations.
- Optional: Any additional documentation that supports your written statement, such as evidence of a centrelink income. If multiple, please combine into one document.
The scholarship currently provides a benefit of $5,000 to be paid as a lump sum following Semester 1 census date.
Selection of the recipient is competitive and will be based on the applicant meeting all the eligibility criteria and assessment of the required documentation.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759