Graham Taylor Memorial Scholarship for Chemical Engineering
10 March 2017
The scholarship has been established to support and recognise a Newcastle based undergraduate student enrolled in the second-year of a Chemical Engineering degree at the Callaghan Campus, who has portrayed excellence in Chemical Engineering, and is interested in pursuing a career in engineering consultancy. The scholarship total is $15,000 which consists of a payment of $5,000 each year for three years to assist with the costs of completing these studies. The successful recipient will also be offered the opportunity of a paid undergraduate work placement within the work placement program at AECOM's Newcastle office in 2017.
This scholarship is being established by AECOM in 2017 in memory of Mr Graham Taylor, who passed away suddenly in April 2016. Graham was an inspirational leader and mentor, who over a forty year career made immense contributions to the health of communities and protection of the environment through his focus on environmental and pollution controls. Over his career Graham held roles with the NSW Environmental Protection Authority, Tomago Aluminium, and with AECOM and our legacy businesses HLA Envirosciences and ENSR. Graham was an exceptional role model, and a strong believer in the power of mentoring and thinking outside the box in relation to problem solving.
Graham was also a passionate Novocastrian. He graduated from the University of Newcastle with an Honours Class II degree in Chemical Engineering.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in 2nd year of a Chemical Engineering undergraduate degree at the University of Newcastle Callaghan Campus.
- Demonstrate high academic achievement by a Grade Point Average (GPA) minimum of 6.0
- Not have previously completed a degree.
- Not have previously received this scholarship.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- A written statement (max 2 A4 pages) outlining your academic achievements to date, career aspirations in the relevant area of study/research, and how this scholarship would assist you.
The total value of this scholarship is up to $15,000.
The scholar will receive $5,000 per annum for maximum of 3 years, paid as a lump sum following Semester 1 census date in each year.
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759