Hunter Coal Environment Group Scholarship
10 March 2017
DonorHunter Coal Environment Group
This scholarship has been established by the Hunter Coal Environment Group - a network group of environmental professionals who provide a forum focussed on developments in mine rehabilitation and other environmental management issues in the coal mining industry of the Hunter Region.
The scholarship aims to promote excellence in environmental management within the mining industry through the support of a UON student studying in a field that contributes to environmental stewardship.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in any year of one of the following programs with UON: B Environmental Science & Management (Honours optional), B Science (Earth Science major), B Engineering (Mining Transfer Program), B Engineering (Hons)(Environmental).
- Demonstrate academic progress either by the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent required for entry for commencing students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 for continuing students.
- Demonstrate that you are affected by educational disadvantage, such as carer or sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long term medical condition, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
- Not have previously completed a degree.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- A written statement (max 2 A4 pages) demonstrating/outlining your academic achievements to date, career aspirations in the relevant area of study/research and how this scholarship would assist you.
- Optional: any documents supporting your claims, such as your CV, evidence of achievements, centrelink income statement, health care card. Please limit to just a few documents which support relevant eligibility criteria only.
The scholarship currently provides a benefit of $2,500 to be paid as a lump sum following Semester 1 census date.
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents. Applications will be ranked against the eligibility criteria and a recommendation schedule sent to the nominated University staff member/s for selection and sign off.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759