Hunter Water Corporation Undergraduate Disability Scholarship
10 March 2017
DonorHunter Water Corporation
This scholarship has been established by Hunter Water Corporation to provide an opportunity for a student with a disability to gain support with their studies through financial assistance. This scholarship is intended for a student who is from a geographical area serviced by Hunter Water.
Hunter Water Corporation has supported student scholarships at the University of Newcastle (UON) for many years and by doing so continues to enrich its commitment to making a lasting different to the community.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in any year of an undergraduate program with the University of Newcastle.
- Be registered with the Disability Support Service at the University of Newcastle
- Demonstrate academic progress either by the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent required for entry for commencing students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 for continuing students.
- Demonstrate that you are affected by educational disadvantage, such as carer or sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long term medical condition, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
- Not have previously completed a degree.
- Be a current resident of, or in the previous 12 months have resided in, a geographical area serviced by Hunter Water.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Verification from the Disability Unit of the University of Newcastle of registration with the Disability Unit, if applicable
- A written statement (approx 1 A4 page) outlining your academic achievement to date, experience of educational disadvantage, and how this scholarship would assist you and your career aspirations.
- Optional: any documents supporting your claims, such as your CV, evidence of achievements, centrelink income statement, health care card. Please limit to just a few documents which support relevant eligibility criteria only.
The scholarship currently provides a benefit of $8,000 per annum to be paid as two (2) lump sum payments of $4,000 following the relevant semester census dates.
Applications must be submitted online by the advertised closing date in order to be considered.
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents.
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Education and Arts
- Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
- Faculty of Health and Medicine
- Faculty of Science
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759