Duncan Cruickshank Memorial Undergraduate Scholarship in Pharmacy
10 March 2017
DonorUniversity Pharmacy and Infrastructure Fund
Duncan Cruickshank was a prominent community pharmacist who also taught and worked at the Mater Hospital. He was well regarded by his peers and they and his family wish to honour his name with this memorial scholarship.
Duncan managed The Newcastle After Hours Chemist at Hamilton as a Co-operative of all community pharmacists. It was a pioneering model for the region, which was so appreciated by patients & pharmacists alike.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in the 1st year of a Bachelor of Pharmacy (Hons) program with University of Newcastle.
- Be enrolled full-time (minimum 30 units).
- Demonstrate academic achievement either by an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent of 75 or higher for commencing students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.0 for continuing students.
- Identify as an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and be recognised as such your community OR have Refugee status.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
- Not have previously received this scholarship.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- A written statement (max 2 A4 pages) outlining your academic achievements to date, career aspirations in the relevant area of study/research, and how this scholarship would assist you.
- Confirmation of Aboriginality (Common Seal) and a written reference made by an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community member who knows you in the Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander community OR if refugee a copy of your relevant visa.
The scholarship is ongiong for a maximum of 4 years of the B Pharmacy (Hons) program and provides a total benefit of up to $16,000.
The annual benefit of $4,000 is payable in two lump sum payments of $2,000 after the semester 1 and semester 2 census dates each year.
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents against the eligibility criteria.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759