Lord Mayor's Women's Scholarship
05 March 2017
DonorCity of Newcastle Lord Mayor
This scholarship has been established by the City of Newcastle's Lord Mayor Nuatali Nelmes. The scholarship aims to support women studying an undergraduate degree with University of Newcastle who are experiencing financial hardship.
One scholarship will be awarded annually.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in any year of an undergraduate program with the University of Newcastle.
- Be enrolled at Callaghan or Newcastle City campus.
- Be female.
- Demonstrate that the ability to study is affected, or will be affected, by financial hardship.
- Not have previously completed a degree.
- Be an Australian Citizen.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- A written statement (approx 1 A4 page) outlining your academic achievement to date, experience of educational disadvantage, and how this scholarship would assist you and your career aspirations.
The scholarship currently provides a total benefit of $4000 to be paid as a lump sum not prior to Semester 1 census date.
Selection will be based on assessment of the application, any required supporting documentation, and performance at interview if required.
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Education and Arts
- Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
- Faculty of Health and Medicine
- Faculty of Science
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759