Glen Turner Scholarship
05 March 2017
DonorOffice of Environment and Heritage (NSW)
This scholarship was officially established in 2015 by the Office of Environment and Heritage (NSW) in memory of Mr Glen Turner, who was tragically killed whilst carrying out his job on 29 July 2014. Mr Turner made the world a better place through his contribution to protecting our landscape, our soils and water, through his service to his local community, through his friendship and loyalty to his colleagues and, most importantly, through his love and commitment to his family.
In order to honour Mr Turner's life this scholarship was established to support an undergraduate student enrolled in a Natural/Sustainable Resource Management course at the University of Newcastle.
Applicable to: Natural, Sustainable Resource Management, Commencing, continuing, high achiever, financial disadvantage, regional, remote, Environment, Heritage.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in any year of an undergraduate degree program at the University of Newcastle.
- Be enrolled in a Natural/Sustainable Resource Management program in any faculty.
- Be enrolled full-time (minimum 30 units).
- Demonstrate academic achievement either by an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent of 75 or higher for commencing students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.0 for continuing students.
- Demonstrate that your ability to study is affected, or will be affected, by financial hardship or other educational disadvantage.
- Not have previously received this scholarship.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor-funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- A written statement (max 2 A4 pages) outlining your experience of educational disadvantage and how this scholarship would assist you and your career aspirations.
The scholarship currently provides a benefit of up to $10,000 per annum to be paid in two equal lump sum payments following each semester census date.
The scholarship may continue for up to 4 years, should ongoing eligibility criteria be met, with a total maximum benefit of $40,000.
Selection will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents. The Selection Committee may decide to interview applicants if required.
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Education and Arts
- Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
- Faculty of Health and Medicine
- Faculty of Science
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759