Hunter Water Corporation Undergraduate Scholarships
10 March 2017
As part of its commitment to making a lasting difference to the community, Hunter Water Corporation is funding scholarships for students enrolled in Science, Business and Engineering. These scholarships are intended to support students from the areas serviced by Hunter Water so they may achieve their academic potential. Subject to availability, Hunter Water may also offer recipients opportunities to engage with the organisation through mentoring or site visits.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in 1st year of an undergraduate degree program offered through the Newcastle Business School, School of Environmental & Life Sciences, or School of Engineering.
- Be enrolled full-time (minimum 30 units).
- Demonstrate academic achievement either by an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent of 75 or higher for commencing students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.0 for continuing students.
- Demonstrate that you are affected by educational disadvantage, such as carer or sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long term medical condition, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
- Not have previously completed a degree.
- Be a resident of Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Port Stephens, Maitland, Dungog, Cessnock or Singleton.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- A written statement (approx 1 A4 page) outlining your academic achievement to date, experience of educational disadvantage, and how this scholarship would assist you and your career aspirations.
The scholarship currently provides a benefit of $5,000 to be paid in two payments of $2,500 after each relevant census date.
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759