Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) Law Student Scholarship
Established in 2012 at the Newcastle Law School 20 Year Anniversary Alumni dinner, this scholarship aims to assist Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) students wishing to pursue a career in Law.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in any year of a Law undergraduate degree program
- Identify as an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and be recognised as such by your community
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Be enrolled full-time.
If this documentation is not provided your application will not be processed.
After you have submitted your application, please print off the cover sheet provided and attach a copy of each piece of required documentation to it before sending in.
- A written statement outling career aspirations in Law (2 x A4 Pages)
- A written reference made by an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community member
The scholarship provides the benefit of $3000, payable as two lump sums of $1500 after the Semester 1 census date, 31st March, and the Semester 2 census date, 31st August.
Selection will be on the basis of the documentation requested, academic merit (ATAR or Cumulative GPA), and evidence of your identification as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
The closing date to apply for this scholarship was: Sunday, 31 March 2013
University of Newcastle
Phone: (02) 49216404 or (02) 49216539
Fax: (02) 49216937