Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) Scholarship
The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) Scholarship was established through contributions from the University, industry donors, community organisations and the annual Reconciliation Scholarship Dinner Dance.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Identify as an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and be recognised as such by your community
- Be enrolled in any year of any undergraduate degree program
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Not currently receiving full Abstudy payments from Centrelink
If this documentation is not provided your application will not be processed.
After you have submitted your application, please print off the cover sheet provided and attach a copy of each piece of required documentation to it before sending in.
- A written statement outlining financial disadvantage and how the scholarship would assist with future studies
- A written reference made by an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community member
|Scholarship Amount: $10,000||Number of scholarships available: 1|
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of:
- a written statement outlining financial disadvantage and how the scholarship would assist with future studies
- a written reference made by an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community member
- evidence of Aboriginality
- performance at interview
The closing date to apply for this scholarship was: Sunday, 31 March 2013
University of Newcastle
Phone: (02) 49216404 or (02) 49216539
Fax: (02) 49216937