Powerdist Scholarship in Electrical Engineering
Powerdist is a local company specialising in controlling power generators. They have difficulty recruiting electrical engineers and have been forced to recruit overseas. Alan Linklater, GM of Powerdist wishes to build a constructive relationship with the University's School of Electrical Engineering and has offered the donation for scholarships as well as to provide a guest lecture each year to raise the profile of the field. For more information about Powerdist click here
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in the fourth year of the Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical) program
- Be an Australian Citizen or Be a Permanent Resident
If this documentation is not provided your application will not be processed.
After you have submitted your application, please print off the cover sheet provided and attach a copy of each piece of required documentation to it before sending in.
Provide a written statement (maximum two A4 pages) outlining applicant's final year project along with motivation and career aspirations on graduation and in the longer term
|Scholarship Amount: $3,000||Number of scholarships available: 2|
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of:
- academic merit, namely cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA)
- a written statement (maximum two A4 pages) outlining applicant's final year project along with motivation and career aspirations on graduation and in the longer term
- performance at interview (if required).
The closing date to apply for this scholarship was: Friday, 24 May 2013
University of Newcastle
Phone: (02) 49216404 or (02) 49216539
Fax: (02) 49216937