Edwards Hall Alumni Scholarship
Residential Colleges Fund
This scholarship was established in 2010 through the generous donations of past Edwards Hall residents, to help students who are socially or economically disadvantaged.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a resident of Edwards Hall at the University of Newcastle
- Be enrolled in any degree program at the University of Newcastle
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Not have previously received this scholarship
- Not have previously completed a degree
If this documentation is not provided your application will not be processed.
After you have submitted your application, please print off the cover sheet provided and attach a copy of each piece of required documentation to it before sending in.
- A written statement (no more than 2 A4 pages) outlining your financial and/or social disadvantages
Up to five (5) scholarships will be offered annually. The scholarship provides the benefit of $500 payable as a lump sum payment after the semester 1 census date.
Selection of the scholar will be on assessment of the required written statement.
Equity criteria include, but are not limited to:
- low income family background
- residence in a rural or isolated region
- recent migration from a non-English speaking country
- Indigenous or Torres Strait Islander Australian
International students may apply for the scholarship as long as they meet criteria additional to recent migration from a non-English speaking country.
University of Newcastle
Phone: (02) 49216404 or (02) 49216539
Fax: (02) 49216937