Hunter Breast Cancer Foundation Scholarship
Hunter Breast Cancer Foundation
The Hunter Breast Cancer Foundation is a Hunter based and founded not-for-profit organisation established to provide information and support for women and men with breast cancer and their families.
The Foundation's primary role is to offer women and men; newly diagnosed; during treatment and post treatment, practical day-to-day `grass roots' supportive care and to bring these people together for fun and social activities.
The Foundation is about understanding the needs of people who are dealing with the effects of breast cancer and offers a hand of friendship to help them and their families through their journey. They do this through supportive care and financial help.
To reach out to women living in regional areas the Foundation relies on its support group model. These support groups are dedicated teams of volunteers who ensure that people in their area are cared for and looked after from first diagnosis; during treatment; and post their treatment.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in the NURS2163 course within the Bachelor of Nursing program
- Not hold another scholarship
If this documentation is not provided your application will not be processed.
After you have submitted your application, please print off the cover sheet provided and attach a copy of each piece of required documentation to it before sending in.
- A statement outlining how you would benefit from receiving the scholarship and how it may contribute towards your future career aspirations
|Scholarship Amount: $1,000||Number of scholarships available: 3|
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of:
* Academic merit, namely at least a credit average in first year courses
* A statement outlining how the applicant would benefit from receiving the scholarship and how it may contribute towards their future career aspirations
* Online powerpoint presentation in NURS2163 Complementary Therapies in Health Care
University of Newcastle
Phone: (02) 49216404 or (02) 49216539
Fax: (02) 49216937