Jennie Thomas 'Dreams Can Come True' Enabling Scholarship
Mrs Jennie Thomas
This scholarship was established by Mrs Jennie Thomas to provide financial assistance to students entering University in an approved undergraduate program to help them to attain a degree and make their `dreams come true'.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in the 1st year of any Undergraduate program
- Have completed an Enabling program (Open Foundation, Newstep or Yapug) at the University of Newcastle within the 2 years prior to commencing Undergraduate program
- Be an Australian Citizen or Be a Permanent Resident
- Not have previously received this scholarship
If this documentation is not provided your application will not be processed.
After you have submitted your application, please print off the cover sheet provided and attach a copy of each piece of required documentation to it before sending in.
- A written statement outlining aptitude, level of interest in chosen field, personal qualities, leadership qualities, extracurricular activities and community involvement
- Two written references from teachers, lecturers or other referees
The scholarship provides a benefit of a total of $2500 to be paid per year as a lump sum after the census date If part time study is elected, $1250 per year over six years unless the student reverts to full time study when full time conditions will apply .
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of:
* Academic merit, namely Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent
* At least two references from teachers, lecturers or other referees
* A written statement outlining aptitude, level of interest in chosen field, personal qualities, leadership qualities, extracurricular activities and community involvement.
* Performance at interview (20-30 minutes)
University of Newcastle
Phone: (02) 49216404 or (02) 49216539
Fax: (02) 49216937