Doyles Creek Undergraduate Scholarships in Earth Sciences (Geology)
These scholarships were established to attract students with good academic records to pursue a career in Geology. In addition they are to provide students entering and continuing studies in a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Environmental Science and Management program majoring in Earth Sciences (Geology stream) with greater financial independence while completing their program. It is hoped that the provision of these scholarships will facilitate the supply of graduates to the earth sciences industry.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled the 1st, 2nd or 3rd year of the Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Environmental Science and Management program majoring in Earth Sciences (Geology stream)
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Be a resident or former resident of the Local Government Area (LGA) of Cessnock, Singleton, Muswellbrook or the Upper Hunter
- Be an Australian Citizen or Be a Permanent Resident
- Not hold another scholarship
- Not have previously completed a degree
If this documentation is not provided your application will not be processed.
After you have submitted your application, please print off the cover sheet provided and attach a copy of each piece of required documentation to it before sending in.
- At least two references from school teachers, university lecturers or other referees
- A written statement outlining aptitude and level of interest in working in Geology, as well as personal and leadership qualities, extracurricular activities and community involvement.
- Addresses and year/s of residence in the Local Government Area (LGA) of Cessnock, Singleton, Muswellbrook or the Upper Hunter
Up to six (6) scholarships will be available valued at up to $7000 per annum for up to three (3) years.
Selection of the scholar will be based on:
<p>* Academic merit, namely Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA)
<p>* At least two references from school teachers, University lecturers or other referees
<p>* A written statement outlining aptitude, level of interest in working in Geology, personal qualities, leadership qualities, extracurricular activities and community involvement.
<p>* Performance at interview (20-30 minutes) if required
The closing date to apply for this scholarship was: Sunday, 31 March 2013
University of Newcastle
Phone: (02) 49216404 or (02) 49216539
Fax: (02) 49216937