Sanitarium Honours Scholarship
Sanitarium Health Food Company
Sanitarium Health Food Company is interested in promoting health by establishing links with the University of Newcastle for the purpose of developing Food Science and Human Nutrition.
The company has a long history and tradition of being at the forefront of health promoting consumer products and research and wishes to actively engage with the most promising graduates of the University of Newcastle.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in, or have completed, the Bachelor of Food Science and Human Nutrition with a minimum Credit average maintained throughout the program
- Be eligible and able to enrol in a full-time Honours program at the University of Newcastle
- Not hold another scholarship
If this documentation is not provided your application will not be processed.
After you have submitted your application, please print off the cover sheet provided and attach a copy of each piece of required documentation to it before sending in.
- Provide a written statement outlining your career aspirations and interests.
One (1) scholarship is available, valued at $3000. An additional $2000 is provided to be used on consumables for the completion of the 2013 research on the topic 'Characterisation of Novel Grains: effect of heat processing'
Selection of the scholars will be on the basis of:
- Candidate's willingness to focus their 2013 honours research on the topic: 'Characterisation of Novel Grains: effect of heat processing'
- Academic merit
- Performance at interview
- Written submission justifying suitability for position
University of Newcastle
Phone: (02) 49216404 or (02) 49216539
Fax: (02) 49216937