Dr Geoffrey Leonard AM 1st Year Student Scholarship
Dr Geoffrey Leonard
This scholarship was established by the Dr Geoffrey Leonard in 2009 to assist eligible students from rural and remote areas in their first year of a Business, Commerce or Accounting program within the Faculty of Business and Law.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a commencing student enrolled in a Bachelor of Business, Bachelor of Commerce or a Combined Degree, where both degrees are offered in the Faculty of Business and Law
- Be an Australian Citizen or Be a Permanent Resident
- Completed the Higher School Certificate in the year prior to entering University
- Not hold another scholarship
- Have resided in an area of Australia at least 100 km from University campus at time of application for admission
- Be the holder of a current Centrelink Low Income Health Care Card
If this documentation is not provided your application will not be processed.
After you have submitted your application, please print off the cover sheet provided and attach a copy of each piece of required documentation to it before sending in.
- A verified copy of your current Centrelink Low Income Health Care Card. (copy signed by a Justice of the Peace)
|Scholarship Amount: $2,000||Number of scholarships available: 1|
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of academic merit namely Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR).
University of Newcastle
Phone: (02) 49216404 or (02) 49216539
Fax: (02) 49216937