Harrison Scholarship for Singers
This scholarship was established by a local artist to assist students in developing their potential to develop as musicians. This reflects her deep desire to personally help those students who may be financially disadvantaged and thereby assist in addressing the inequities in society, namely the increasing division between rich and poor.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolling in first year Bachelor of Music or Bachelor of Music/Bachelor of Arts
- Be experiencing financial hardship. Demonstrated either by being in receipt of a means tested Centrelink allowance, or a verifiable personal statement of circumstances supported by appropriate documentation eg Health Care Card etc
- Be an Australian Citizen or Be a Permanent Resident
If this documentation is not provided your application will not be processed.
After you have submitted your application, please print off the cover sheet provided and attach a copy of each piece of required documentation to it before sending in.
- A written statement, (one page only) on how you will use the money to further your music education, your plans and your career aspirations
- A verified copy of your current Centrelink Low Income Health Care Card, if applicable. (copy signed by a Justice of the Peace)
|Scholarship Amount: $1,000||Number of scholarships available: 1|
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of:
<p>*Submission of a one page written statement outlining how the applicant will use the scholarship money to further their music education, their plans and career aspirations
<p>*Performance and interview at audition for admission
The closing date to apply for this scholarship was: Sunday, 31 March 2013
University of Newcastle
Phone: (02) 49216404 or (02) 49216539
Fax: (02) 49216937