NSW Surveyor General's Women in Surveying Undergraduate Scholarship
10 March 2017
DonorBoard of Surveying and Spatial Information
EstablishmentThis scholarship was established by the Board of Surveying and Spatial Information to support a woman studying in her first year of the Bachelor of Surveying degree at the University of Newcastle.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in the 1st year of the Bachelor of Surveying or combined degree including Bachelor of Surveying with UON.
- Be enrolled full-time (minimum 30 units).
- Demonstrate academic achievement either by an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent of 75 or higher for commencing students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.0 for continuing students.
- Demonstrate that you are affected by educational disadvantage, such as carer or sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long term medical condition, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
- Be female
- Not have previously received this scholarship.
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- A written statement outlining your academic achievement to date, your experience of financial hardship, and your career aspirations in the relevant area of study or research as well as how this scholarship would assist you.
The scholarship currently provides a benefit of $5,000 to be paid as a lump sum not prior to Semester 1 census date.
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759