John Lambert Friends of the University Open Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship
Friends of the University of Newcastle
This scholarship was established by the Friends of the University to support a student who has completed the Open Foundation program and is intending to enrol in an undergraduate degree in the following year.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Have successfully completed the Open Foundation Program at the University of Newcastle in the year prior to enrolling in undergraduate program
- Be enrolled in the first year of an Undergraduate program at the University of Newcastle
- Be an Australian Citizen or Be a Permanent Resident
- Be a member of one of the following equity groups: socio-economically disadvantaged, Indigenous Australian, women in non-traditional areas of study, people with a disability, non-English speaking background, or from a rural and/or isolated area.
If this documentation is not provided your application will not be processed.
After you have submitted your application, please print off the cover sheet provided and attach a copy of each piece of required documentation to it before sending in.
- A verified copy of your current Centrelink Low Income Health Care Card, if applicable. (copy signed by a Justice of the Peace)
- Documentary proof of date and place of birth, arrival in Australia and language spoken at home (if not English,) if applicable
- Verification from the Disability Unit of the University of Newcastle of registration with the Disability Unit, if applicable
One (1) scholarship is available, valued at $2000 and payable in a lump sum after the semester 1 census date.
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of academic merit, results in the University of Newcastle's Open Foundation program and equity criteria, namely a selection ranking. In the case of a tie, preference will be given to the student who holds a Centrelink Health Care Card or is eligible to receive a Centrelink Health Care Card.
University of Newcastle
Phone: (02) 49216404 or (02) 49216539
Fax: (02) 49216937