Jennie Thomas Travelling Art Honours Scholarship
Mrs Jennie Thomas
This scholarship was established to support an Honours student enrolled in a School of Fine Art program to travel to view, appreciate and gain a greater understanding of works of art internationally recognised and the cultural context within which they were created. These experiences should enrich the quality of work the artist develops themselves and in inspiring others.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled either full-time or part-time in the Bachelor of Fine Arts (Honours) program at the University of Newcastle
- Be an Australian Citizen or Be a Permanent Resident
- Not hold another scholarship for the same program of equivalent or more substantial benefit
- Not have previously received this scholarship
If this documentation is not provided your application will not be processed.
After you have submitted your application, please print off the cover sheet provided and attach a copy of each piece of required documentation to it before sending in.
- A Portfolio of up to 10 works which demonstrates quality of work and thematic focus
- A one page submission outlining where you intend to travel and the purpose of the travel to your development.
One (1) scholarship will be offered, valued at $2500 and payable as a lump sum after the Semester 1 census date, 31 March.
The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of:
- academic merit,
- assessment of required portfolio which demonstrates quality of work, and
- a one page submission outlining where the student intends to travel and the purpose of the travel to their development.
Preference may be given to students from the Hunter or Central Coast regions
University of Newcastle
Phone: (02) 49216404 or (02) 49216539
Fax: (02) 49216937