Hunter Environmental Institute Undergraduate Scholarship
10 March 2017
DonorHunter Environmental Institute
These scholarships have been established by the Hunter Environmental Institute to encourage and support students enrolled in the final year of an undergraduate degree related to environmental studies. The Institute seeks to reward students who demonstrate excellence in achievement and commitment in their environmental programs at the University of Newcastle.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in the final year of a Bachelor of Environmental Science and Management OR Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Environmental) program with University of Newcastle.
- Be enrolled full-time (minimum 30 units).
- Demonstrate academic achievement by having a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.0 or higher.
- Demonstrate that you are affected by educational disadvantage, such as carer or sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long term medical condition, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
- Not have previously received this scholarship.
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- A written statement (approx 1 A4 page) outlining your academic achievement to date, experience of educational disadvantage, and how this scholarship would assist you and your career aspirations.
The scholarship currently provides a benefit of $4,000 to be paid as two lump sums of $2,000 following Semester 1 and Semester 2 census dates.
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759