Godfrey Tanner Undergraduate Scholarship
This scholarship was established to honour the long and distinguished career of Professor Godfrey Tanner. It is the intent of these scholarships that they be used to financially assist impoverished or financially disadvantaged students with their university studies at the University of Newcastle.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolling in the first year of your first undergraduate degree
- Be enrolled in any undergraduate program
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Be an Australian Citizen or Be a Permanent Resident
If this documentation is not provided your application will not be processed.
After you have submitted your application, please print off the cover sheet provided and attach a copy of each piece of required documentation to it before sending in.
- A statement explaining your financial situation and how the scholarship would assist with your future studies. Please upload to MyHub 'My Scholarships' link, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A verified copy of your current Centrelink Low Income Health Care Card, if applicable. (copy signed by a Justice of the Peace)
- Any additional information which you think may be of interest to the committee, such as awards, employment or personal references or special achievements
The scholarships typically awards a benefit of $3000 to be paid as a lump sum. The value and number of scholarships awarded will be dependent upon the interest of endowment for a given year and the amount pledged by covenant in that year.
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of academic merit, namely HSC performance or other entrance requirements and financial disadvantage, as evidenced by a written statement and appropriate documentation.
The closing date to apply for this scholarship was: Thursday, 28 February 2013
University of Newcastle
Phone: (02) 49216404 or (02) 49216539
Fax: (02) 49216937