David Beer Undergraduate Scholarship
These scholarships were established to assist students from rural and remote areas to study Medicine and Nursing where those students meet the entry criteria and are financially disadvantaged.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in the first year of the Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Medical Science, undertaking a research project in a cancer related area
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Be an Australian Citizen or Be a Permanent Resident
- Not hold another scholarship
- Not have previously received this scholarship
- Have a home address located in a regional or remote location, according to the Australian Standard Geographical Classification - Remoteness Area (ASGC-RA) system. http://www.doctorconnect.gov.au/internet/otd/publishing.nsf/Content/locator
If this documentation is not provided your application will not be processed.
After you have submitted your application, please print off the cover sheet provided and attach a copy of each piece of required documentation to it before sending in.
- A copy of your current Centrelink Low Income Health Care Card AND/OR a written statement outlining financial disadvantage and how scholarship would assist with future studies.
Up to 12 scholarships will be offered annually. The scholarship provides a benefit of $7000 per annum payable in lump sum payments of $3500 each semester after the census date.
The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of evidence of financial disadvantage. <p>
Where more eligible candidates are identified than available scholarships the committee may elect to rank eligible candidates on the basis of either academic merit or selection rank. The ranking method will be determined by the selection criteria used for admission by the particular program. In this instance scholarships will be offered to the highest ranked candidates.
The closing date to apply for this scholarship was: Sunday, 31 March 2013
University of Newcastle
Phone: (02) 49216404 or (02) 49216539
Fax: (02) 49216937