Australian Rotary Health Research Indigenous Health Scholarship
Australian Rotary Health Research Fund (ARHRF)
This scholarship was established as a jointly funded initiative between Australian Rotary Health Research and the NSW Health Department. The aim of the project is to establish a scholarship fund that can be used for the purpose of assisting Indigenous students undertake a program of study in a wide range of health related professions at the University of Newcastle.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in the 2nd year onwards of any medical/health related program
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Identify as an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and be recognised as such by your community
If this documentation is not provided your application will not be processed.
After you have submitted your application, please print off the cover sheet provided and attach a copy of each piece of required documentation to it before sending in.
- A 500 (maximum) word essay, double spaced and single sided on the following topic: "How will you contribute to improving Indigenous health as a qualified medical practitioner or health worker?"
- Two (2) referee reports
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
One (1) scholarship is available, valued at $5000 to be paid in two (2) installments after each semester's census date. The scholarship is initially tenable for one (1) year, however may be extended at the discretion of the donor.
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of:
- Academic merit
- Completion of the 500 word essay
- A resume or curriculum vitae (CV) and 2 written references from referees, containing contact details, as they may be contacted.
University of Newcastle
Phone: (02) 49216404 or (02) 49216539
Fax: (02) 49216937