Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment International Alumni Family Scholarship
31 March 2017
This scholarship is aimed at encouraging and supporting University of Newcastle Alumni and their family to enrol in a program with the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment at the University of Newcastle, Callaghan Campus. This scholarship has a long term view toward fostering ongoing loyalty to the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment and the University of Newcastle.
Eligible applicants must be a former graduate of the University of Newcastle OR an eligible family member of a former graduate of the University of Newcastle.
Applicants must be able to prove family status. Alumni status will be checked upon application.
Please apply only when ALL criteria are met as applications are reviewed regularly throughout the application period.
Applicable to: Commencing, Continuing, family, Alumni, International, undergraduate, postgraduate coursework, Masters.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be an International full-fee paying student.
- Be enrolled in an eligible undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree program with the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment.
- Be enrolling or enrolled full-time to study on campus, at any UON Australian campus.
- Be Alumni of the University of Newcastle or the immediate family member of a University of Newcastle Alumni.
- Be able to prove status as an eligible family member (if applicable).
- Apply before the census date of the first study period for which the scholarship, if approved, will apply.
- The applicant must not be in receipt of any other Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment Fee Waiver Scholarships.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Applicants must provide written proof of family link (if applicable) such as a birth or adoption certificate/s. These should clearly show status as an eligible family member (eg sibling, parent, de-facto, child, or grandchild).
- All documents must be certified by the scholarships office, a solicitor, or a Justice of the Peace, along with proof of the validity of the notable authority.
- All documentation must be in English with a certified translation where applicable.
This scholarship will provide a AUD $1,000 tuition fee waiver per annum, applied to the student's fees upon successful scholarship offer.
The scholarship is ongoing for the duration of a degree program, up to a maximum of 4 years for undergraduate programs and 2 years for postgraduate coursework programs. This is provided eligibility criteria continues to be met in each academic year.
Applicants for the scholarship must complete and submit the scholarship application form online by the due date.
Applications will be checked against selection criteria.
Academic progress may be taken into account.
Only one application is required per enrolled degree program and if offered, the scholarship will apply for the duration of the program (subject to ongoing eligibility).
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759