Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment International Family Scholarship
31 March 2017
This scholarship is aimed at encouraging and supporting members of the same family to enrol in a program with the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment at the University of Newcastle, Callaghan Campus. This scholarship has a long term view toward fostering ongoing loyalty to the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment and the University of Newcastle.
Eligible applicants must be studying a program with the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment AND have an eligible immediate family member currently studying at the University of Newcastle.
Applicants must be able to prove family status.
Please apply only when ALL criteria are met as applications are reviewed regularly throughout the application period.
Applicable to: Commencing, Continuing, family, International, undergraduate, postgraduate coursework, Masters.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be an International full-fee paying student.
- Be enrolled in an eligible undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree program with the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment in the same study period as an eligible family member also enrolled in any degree program (excl non-award) at UON.
- Be enrolling or enrolled full-time to study on campus, at any UON Australian campus.
- Be able to prove status as an eligible family member.
- Apply before the census date of the first study period for which the scholarship, if approved, will apply.
- The applicant must not be in receipt of any other Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment Fee Waiver Scholarships.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Applicants must provide written proof of family link such as a birth or adoption certificate/s. These should clearly show status as an eligible family member (eg sibling, parent, de-facto, child, or grandchild).
- All documents must be certified by the scholarships office, a solicitor, or a Justice of the Peace, along with proof of the validity of the notable authority.
- All documentation must be in English with a certified translation where applicable.
This annual scholarship provides a AUD $1,000 tuition fee waiver, applied to the student's fees upon successful scholarship offer.
Applicants for the scholarship must complete and submit the scholarship application form online by the due date.
Applications will be checked against selection criteria.
An application is required for each academic year that an applicant wishes to be considered for this scholarship.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759