Challenge Science Communication Scholarship
This scholarship was established in 2013 to benefit a student in the study of Science and Professional Communication.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current student of the University of Newcastle in any program.
Preference will be given to students from Science and Information Technology, Engineering and Built Environment, and Education and Arts Faculties.
- Be enrolled in, or be prepared to enrol in, the online course SCIT2100
SCIT2100: Science and Professional Communication. Course handbook available at this link: http://www.newcastle.edu.au/course/SCIT2100.html
- Be the holder of a current driver's licence
- Be willing to travel
- Be able to communicate clearly in English in both written and spoken forms.
If this documentation is not provided your application will not be processed.
After you have submitted your application, please print off the cover sheet provided and attach a copy of each piece of required documentation to it before sending in.
- A written statement addressing the eligibility criteria
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
There will be one (1) scholarship offered in 2013. The scholarship provides a total benefit of $9,000. The majority of the benefit will be paid via 10 fortnightly installments of $800 from commencement of the scholarship. A lump sum of $1000 will be made following Semester 1 census date.
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of academic merit, as well as assessment of the required written statement and resume/CV.
An interview may be required.
University of Newcastle
Phone: (02) 49216404 or (02) 49216539
Fax: (02) 49216937