Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment Outgoing Student Exchange Scholarship
These scholarships are available to Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment students who are participating in the University of Newcastle Student Exchange Program. They were established by the Pro Vice-Chancellor of the Faculty to encourage and support students who join the Exchange Program. The scholarships are funded by the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment, subject to availability of funding.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in the 2nd year or later in any undergraduate program offered by the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Be approved to participate in the University of Newcastle Outgoing Student Exchange Program
- Receive approval from the relevant Program Officer regarding choice of courses to be studied and subsequent credit
If this documentation is not provided your application will not be processed.
After you have submitted your application, please print off the cover sheet provided and attach a copy of each piece of required documentation to it before sending in.
- A copy of your confirmation of approval to take part in the University of Newcastle Student Exchange Program
- A verified copy of your credit approval from the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
Up to ten (10) scholarships will be offered in 2013. The scholarship provides a total of $1500 to be paid as follows:
- $1000 prior to departure to be paid as a lump sum.
- $500 upon return.
In order to facilitate the final payment of $500, you must provide evidence that your studies at the exchange host institution have been satisfactorily completed and that credit has been granted by the University of Newcastle.
Advice that credit has been granted and recorded on your Academic Transcript must be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org on return from exchange.
University of Newcastle
Phone: (02) 49216404 or (02) 49216539
Fax: (02) 49216937